Search This Blog

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Organizing Home Challenge

I found a site that I am totally obsessed over: http://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com/storage-solutions-blog.html

Taylor is an amazong organizer. She has both a Organized Home Challenge(OHC) that is 52 weeks long so that you can organize your home over the course of a year, working a little bit at a time at different areas. Then she recently added the Declutter Your Home in 15min a Day for the whole year. The calendars she has are quite handy and work in tandum with the OHC that she has previously done.


I was amazed at the number of sites and information out there.

So here are some of my favorites:
http://cleanmama.blogspot.com/
http://orgjunkie.com/

I can't seem to get enough of the free printables or the ideas of how to organize something. It almost got out of hand. However, I learned to put it all in a binder, seperate from my Family Binder. Then I can refer to it whenever I need to.

Currently, working in the order that she suggested is not a bad idea however, sometimes I start a project and it grows into other locations that are not the following weeks task. For example, I was working on my Family Room, which in my house is different than my Living Room in my bi-level home.

This means jumping to a different week and figuring out how to get though the project and make sure that it gets finished verses being left undone. But I find that working on what I really want to work on is better than working on something that I haven't thought about before. If my motivation drives me in a particular direction, I intend to follow it.

I will post more about this in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment